Easy...Like a Sunday Morning
I love that song. The Commodores recorded some real gems.
I'm at the Browns' kitchen table, enjoying my morning coffee, and I realize something: my computer is right here. Why don't I post something on the blog? I'm not sure what I have to say, but perhaps anything is better than nothing at all.
Last night's performance was not one of the smoother evenings we've had at the Festival Stage. It was extremely hot. I sweat plenty during The Tempest even on the cooler evenings, but this was ridiculous. After every scene for the first half of the show, I had to mop off my face and hug the A/C unit for as long as I could before my next entrance.
Gnats were out in full force, and a number of them decided that it would be really really fun to wage war on my face. As the "invisible" Ariel, I have many scenes where I'm just sitting still somewhere on stage, observing the action. It would be pretty distracting if I were to be constantly swatting the little buggers away. So I attempted to remain Zen (remember the tenth commandment of outdoor theatre?), but it was tough. If they landed on my nose, prominent feature that it is, I could successfully blow them off, but I didn't know what to do when one flew into my eye. What a conundrum. If I attempted to get it out, I'd probably just smash it and kill it, and then I'd have a dead gnat in my eye, maybe the only thing worse than having a live gnat in my eye. So I let it be hoped it would depart on its own, which I think it must have because I regained full sight shortly thereafter. Just in time to get my butt off the stage right stairs and sing a magical little ditty to wake up Gonzalo before he's killed by Antonio (Dennis) and Sebastian. (Don't ask.)
After the show, we went to one of the swankier places in town--Devotay--to have tapas and wine with the visiting Equity rep, who was a lovely man. After an hour or so there, about half of us retired to one of the least swanky places in town--George's. But boy are the drinks cheap.
I must stop here. I'm meeting some of my castmates for yoga at noon. Then we're going to walk around downtown, where the annual Jazz Festival has been going on all weekend. Another Tempest tonight, and then two days off!! What a luxury!!
I'm at the Browns' kitchen table, enjoying my morning coffee, and I realize something: my computer is right here. Why don't I post something on the blog? I'm not sure what I have to say, but perhaps anything is better than nothing at all.
Last night's performance was not one of the smoother evenings we've had at the Festival Stage. It was extremely hot. I sweat plenty during The Tempest even on the cooler evenings, but this was ridiculous. After every scene for the first half of the show, I had to mop off my face and hug the A/C unit for as long as I could before my next entrance.
Gnats were out in full force, and a number of them decided that it would be really really fun to wage war on my face. As the "invisible" Ariel, I have many scenes where I'm just sitting still somewhere on stage, observing the action. It would be pretty distracting if I were to be constantly swatting the little buggers away. So I attempted to remain Zen (remember the tenth commandment of outdoor theatre?), but it was tough. If they landed on my nose, prominent feature that it is, I could successfully blow them off, but I didn't know what to do when one flew into my eye. What a conundrum. If I attempted to get it out, I'd probably just smash it and kill it, and then I'd have a dead gnat in my eye, maybe the only thing worse than having a live gnat in my eye. So I let it be hoped it would depart on its own, which I think it must have because I regained full sight shortly thereafter. Just in time to get my butt off the stage right stairs and sing a magical little ditty to wake up Gonzalo before he's killed by Antonio (Dennis) and Sebastian. (Don't ask.)
After the show, we went to one of the swankier places in town--Devotay--to have tapas and wine with the visiting Equity rep, who was a lovely man. After an hour or so there, about half of us retired to one of the least swanky places in town--George's. But boy are the drinks cheap.
I must stop here. I'm meeting some of my castmates for yoga at noon. Then we're going to walk around downtown, where the annual Jazz Festival has been going on all weekend. Another Tempest tonight, and then two days off!! What a luxury!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home